July 9, 2011

How Do You Like Your New Skylight?

Dave and I headed down to the boat on Thursday after work to check out the progress.  Paul and Sean had been busy in the galley area again and had removed the table/desk.  It sure makes the galley area big; too bad we need a table there!



I was so busy checking out the galley that I didn't notice the rest of the work until Dave asked me how I liked my new skylight....  SKYLIGHT?!!  I'm pretty sure that I didn't order a skylight with this remodel! 

Skylight... not funny Dave! 
View from the starboard wheelhouse window looking towards the stern

Here you can see where the fiberglass mesh with epoxy was removed from the roof

View out the windshield towards the bow
The rot in the ceiling is so bad that the whole roof all the way around the house is being removed.  While the ceiling/roof was being jacked up, water was sqeezing out of the soaking wet plywood.  Needless to say this is just a little more than what we thought we'd be doing.  Thankfully Paul and Sean are on the job, so I know that it will be done right!

~Misty~

No comments:

Post a Comment