May 21, 2012

What Do You Mean We're Taking Down All The Trim?!

I was so excited when Dave, Josh and I went down to the boat on Mother's Day and saw all of the trim up in the Captain's Bunk.  That was short lived when I found out that all of the trim had to come down to be varathaned.  WHAT!?  So, Dave and I have been putting coats of varathane on the trim for the last week. 

Misty applying varathane to the trim pieces


Trim pieces drying

Close up of the trim

I've also been varathaning the 3 pieces of panelling that will be around the hatch through the wheelhouse roof.  We're trying to get as many coats as possible on these pieces as they will likely be scuffed as we're going through the hatch.  The more varathane, the more protected the wood will be.

Panel for the hatch area
~Misty~

No comments:

Post a Comment