June 14, 2012

Getting Closer To Being Done!

Every time I am down at the boat now, I realize that we really are getting closer to being done with most of the large projects we're doing. The wheelhouse area is almost finished and the majority of the galley is almost finished. I believe we'll be able to call the wheelhouse finished in the next week; fingers crossed!!

With the new panelling up in the wheelhouse, Dave noticed that some of the existing wood up there really didn't match the new stain.  So, we (he) ;) decided that we would sand and stain all of the wood around the windshield, side windows and bunk entrance.   

I taped off the area around the windshield and side windows to keep the varathane off the window frames and formica.

Here you can see the wood around the entrance to the Captain's Bunk; it really doesn't match at all. 

Got the wood and area prepped for the stain.

Dave was right, it looks so much better with the matching stain!  Now it just needs a coat of varathane. 



I just can't seem to get a good picture of the built in spice rack above the sink.  I'm hoping that when it is all finished out I'll be able to get a better picture.  The back of the spice rack is the bottom of the chart table/drawer from the wheelhouse.  Eventually there will be a cabinet under the spice rack.

 ~Misty~

No comments:

Post a Comment