August 28, 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel...

I can finally see it... the light at the end of the tunnel!  The exterior projects are starting to wind down and we're prepping the SHAD for the much awaited sandblasting and painting.  I've been told that we'll start the sandblasting Wednesday morning at 6am.  I'm excited, nervous and terrified!  More than once I've thought that we've bitten off more, WAY MORE, than we can chew, but we're doing it.  I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think we're just a couple of weeks from being back in the water!

Here's the front of the house with all of the new beautiful wood.


 Here are some close ups of the wood around the top of the house. 



I can't remember what these are called, but they will be on the roof where the stacks for the oil stove and water heater will come through the roof.


Paul and Dave mixing the roof coating


I prepped the roofs for the silicone roofing.


Paul painting the roofing around the edges.


Wheelhouse roof halfway done.


Lower roof almost done.


First coat DONE!



Part of prepping for the sandblasting is to protect the house.  The last thing we want to do is accidentally sandblast the epoxy off the house or blast the portholes and windows.  We're wrapping the lower parts of the house, windows & portholes with cardboard and draping the rest of the house with visqueen.



~Misty~

No comments:

Post a Comment