August 7, 2011

Progress!

I've been in in Kotzebue for several days and haven't been down to the boat since last Sunday. I was anxious to see what had been done while I was gone.  Dave picked me up at the airport yesterday morning, we had breakfast with Tara at Sandpiper and headed straight for the boat.  It was exciting to see what all had been done!

The upper roof is up and will be primered by next time I go back to the boat.

~Misty~
Roof over the Captain's Bunk.

Roof over the wheelhouse.
 The hatch was reinstalled in the wheelhouse roof.  We moved it to the starboard side and put it right above the chart table.  This will make it easier for me to get through it and on to the roof and back down into the wheelhouse. I'll be able to stand on the chart table instead of dangling in the air trying to get my foot on the ledge next to the stairs.

Roof hatch in the wheelhouse roof.
The shower was put back in the head so the lower roof could be finished.  It's just sitting in there at this time.  

Shop.  Roof on here too.

View of the upper roof that covers the wheelhouse and Captain's bunk.
 The welder had also been busy while I was gone. He has attached the rail across the stern, around the starboard corner and about halfway down the starboard side.

Dave checking out the new rub rail.

Starboard rub rail.

Nice corner on the starboard side.
My job yesterday consisted of holding stuff when asked and gluing plugs into theses screw holes.
Empty screw holes.

Plugs for the holes.

Glue for the plugs.


Measuring the plug.

Glue in the hole.

Plugged screw holes.

Paul sanding the upper roof.

Dave and Shawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment